Review of Magic Burns
  Magic BurnsMagic Burns by IIona Andrews

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Just finished this book today, and actually can't wait to start the next one. The 1st book in the series was okay, very hard to get through, but I liked the story line. Andrews creates an entire world and creatures to fill it. From shifters to vampires to reeves they're very creative. Now being a vamp fan ( I won't lie...I love Trueblood vamps..Eric drool drool)  I wasn't to sure I liked her vampires..just undead bodies being piloted by masters of the undead...and how she describes them...( again Erid Nortman....drool) But in this book I slowly became to like them a lil more.   Kate is powerful...but haven't found out what she is yet...and it is driving me crazy... I MUST find out what she is and why she has to burn anything that her blood comes in contact with.  And then there's Curran...the beast lord. I guess I'm a hopeless romantic because every time they talk to each other I hope they get together. I think they're just good together...even though sometime usually brakes...or they get into an agreement when they talk..but they understand each other at times.   All in all, I did like the book and will be starting the 3rd book in the series "Magic Strikes" tonight.  

View all my reviews >>



As a mercenary who cleans up after magic gone wrong, Kate Daniels knows how waves of paranormal energy ebb and flow across Atlanta like a tide. But once every seven years, a flare comes, a time when magic runs rampant. When Kate sets out to retrieve a set of stolen maps for the Pack, Atlanta's paramilitary clan of shape shifters, she quickly realizes much more is at stake. The stolen maps are only the opening gambit in an epic tug of war between two gods hoping for rebirth, and if Kate can't stop the cataclysmic showdown, the city may not survive.
0 Responses

Post a Comment

  • About Me

    I'm just an average person who has an obsession with books, I read, I bake, and I have two adorable lil bunnys that keeps me on my toes...

    Followers

    Coming Soon

    Coming Soon
    August 24th

    August 31st

    August 31st

    August 31st

    September 14th

    September 28th